Our aim is to develop a passion for lifelong learning and assist the child on their journey towards this.
- We believe in a virtuous circle – happy children, happy teachers, happy parents & whanau.
- We believe it is our responsibility to create an environment, which upholds the bicultural heritage of New Zealand and the principles of partnership inherent in Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- We openly welcome children from a variety of different cultures and backgrounds and aim to reflect their aspirations & identity in our centre.
- Our approach, including planning & assessment, will be a balanced mix of free play, structure, routines and will be both teacher & child led learning experiences. We believe learning is a reciprocal process - we all learn off each other in both spontaneous & planned experiences.
- We believe that each child is born with a unique personality and potential and that it is our role to ensure this is nurtured and celebrated.
- We believe children are highly capable individuals, who should be treated with respect, listened to and have the right to feel emotionally safe, secure and included in our environment.
- Our teaching philosophy follows the NZ Early Childhood Education Curriculum Te Whaariki. We believe children learn through play. We will encourage & support self-directed learning, including their interests and views into our everyday programme.
- We will create a learning and care environment where inclusion & equality is paramount.
- We seek to create a community within Lakeview that is based on respect, trust, warmth, open communication & involvement. We operate with high levels of honesty and sensitivity to the children and families in our care.
- Our environment will be inviting, fun and interesting. It will encourage stimulating & challenging play spaces that will offer a broad range of learning experiences.
- We will role model respect and a sense of responsibility for each other, the environment and ourselves. We promote independence & self help skills.
- Our teachers love coming to work! We give our time enthusiastically. We have fun, a great sense of humour, enjoy the children in our care and are truly genuine in our approach. We offer diversity of our teaching styles, but join together as a cohesive, dedicated, professional team.
- We follow a positive guidance approach that is supportive as children learn to deal with their own feelings and behaviours.
- We believe children thrive in a community where child accomplishment, teacher innovation and parent/whanau commitment and involvement are celebrated.